Sunday, September 25, 2016

Projects

Working on old diecast Hot Wheels, Matchbox and other toys can be a lot of fun.  It can involve a lot of work.  I've been working on various projects for a couple years and getting a lot better at it.  It's a lot of fun breaking down a toy, cleaning it up and doing a custom paint job or close restoration.  Below are a few photos of some of the projects I've started.


I'll start with this photo.  I broke down the toy cars, stripped the paint off and painted on a primer.  Then I invited over friends and we each picked a car from the bunch and did our own custom paint jobs on them.



Here is one of the first projects I was working on.



I'm partly through one of my more recent projects.  I'm going to try to match the original on this one.

I may start a repaint job on this Tonka soon.  I'm currently working on a Tonka dump truck.  Repaint and restoration jobs take a lot of time but are well worth it.  It's a lot of fun working on the toys.



New paint on a Tonka dump truck after stripping and primer.  Also a little preview of something else I am working on.

Another nice Tonka dump truck I'll be fixing up.  The truck bed is about the only thing that needs work on this one.

Here is a stripped, primer and repainted Tonka dune buggy.  This should look really nice when I'm done with it.  I have also treated and cleaned up the white plastic interior to make it look like new again.

I have a nice batch of Tonka trucks and other Tonka toys I have been picking up over the years.  It's quite a collection.  I currently have some for sale at our online store.  Most of these are left as is but if any restore or repaint jobs were done it's mentioned.













No comments:

Post a Comment